Treat with Sildenafil Citrate Tablets
Sildenafil is one of the most commonly used medications for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. It is the first recognized oral drug for ED treatment and has been used by millions of men across the globe. It improves one’s erection ability so that they can lead a satisfactory sexual life.
What is Sildenafil Citrate (Blue Pill)?
- Sildenafil is one of the most widely known prescription ED medications.
- Available in a little blue pill, Sildenafil was the first oral ED medication discovered.
- It is pharmacologically denoted as the phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitor.
- Sildenafil Citrate, sold under the brand name Viagra, is also available as Generic Viagra.
How Sildenafil was discovered for ED?
The groundbreaking discovery that Sildenafil could help men achieve and sustain an erection was an accidental event.
This drug was originally developed for the treatment of pulmonary hypertension and angina pectoris. However, during the clinical trials, scientists discovered that Sildenafil was more effective at promoting erection than treating pulmonary hypertension. Since then, this blue pill is predominantly being used for ED.
How does Sildenafil work to treat ED?
As the pharmacological name suggests, Sildenafil inhibits the secretion of an enzyme called phosphodiesterase-5 in order to stop the degradation of cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate (cGMP). When this happens, the body releases nitric oxide, a natural chemical that increases blood flow throughout the body, including the penile organ.
Simply put, Sildenafil increases blood flow to the penile organ so you can attain and keep an erection strong enough for sexual activity. The drug usually starts to act within 30 to 60 minutes. Remember that individual results may vary. It has been clinically proven to help men with all degrees of ED.
The drug usually starts to act within
30 to 60 minutes
Remember that individual results may vary. It has been clinically proven to help men with all degrees of ED.
Taking Sildenafil in a right way
- Sildenafil usually starts to act within 30 to 60 minutes; therefore, doctors advise user to take it 30 to 60 minutes before indulging in sexual activity.
- This magic blue pill should be taken only when needed and not more than once in 24 hours.
- The efficacy of the drug may be affected if taken with a high-fat meal or alcohol.
- You should take the prescribed dose with a full glass of water.
- Remember, Sildenafil adversely interacts with grapefruits, so avoid them.
- Sildenafil can help you have a strong erection in the presence of sexual stimulation. An erection will not happen just by popping a pill.
- More importantly, you should seek medical attention before using any Sildenafil based blue pill.
What to do if Sildenafil does not work?
- If you have tried taking the medication and you are still not reaping the benefits, see your physician to see whether adjusting the dose might help.
- Some men may not get the effects; however, it has been shown to help 4 out of 5 men at the dosages of 50 mg or 100 mg.
- Stay away from taking the medicine more than once a day if you do not get the results.
Can I take Sildenafil if I am on other treatments?
It is imperative to inform your healthcare provider about the medications you take, including OTC and prescription medications, vitamins and even herbal supplements. The blue pill may affect the working mechanisms of other drugs, leading to adverse reactions. Here are a few drugs that may adversely interact with the small blue pill:
- Nitrates, including nitroglycerine, isosorbide dinitrate and isosorbide mononitrate
- Certain antibiotics, antifungals and antivirals
- Certain antihistamines
- Antihypertensive drugs, alpha-blockers
- Prostate medications
Are there any side effects of Sildenafil?
Like every synthetic drug, Sildenafil Citrate, too, carry a few side effects. It often depends on the individual’s response to the little blue pill. Common side effects include:
- Facial flushing
- Abnormal vision
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sleep problems
- Myalgia or back pain
- Upset stomach.
Stop taking the medicine and get immediate medical help if you experience chest pain or pressure, vision loss, shortness of breath or painful erection.
Please note that this is not a complete list of adverse effects and others may occur too. Check with your medical provider about side effects.
What precautions I need to follow?
- You must not take Sildenafil Citrate if you are using nitrate drug or some recreational drugs such as “poppers”. If taken, it can lead to severe hypotension, needing aggressive medical intervention.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any adverse effects, especially prolonged and painful erection that sustains for more than four hours. Prolonged erection, also called priapism, can damage the penile organ.
- You should not use it if you have known allergic reaction to Sildenafil.
- Make sure you address your current medical condition(s) to your doctor before using this medication, such as hypertension, history of heart attack, liver or kidney disease, blood dyscrasias, penile deformity or gastric issues.
- Keep the medicine away from children and women; it is not meant for them.
- Stay away from alcohol and grapefruits while using Sildenafil
What is the right dose for me?
Ideal dose of Sildenafil Citrate for ED include:
- Initial dose: 50 mg once a day, as needed, one hour before sexual activity
- Maintenance: 25 to 100 mg once a day, as needed, one hour before sexual activity
However, it is recommended seeking medical advice before choosing the right dosage.
Is there any Generic Sildenafil?
Yes. There are numerous Sildenafil generics available on the market. Some of them include Caverta, Kamagra, Penegra, Zenegra, Suhagra and Silagra. These medications contain Sildenafil Citrate that has been already approved by the FDA, and they are available at unbeatable prices. They are as effective as the brand Viagra and offer same efficacy without compromising the quality.
What Sildenafil does not do?
- Does not cure ED.
- Does not increase sexual desire.
- Does not protect one from sexually transmitted disease (STDs), including HIV.
- Does not serve as a male birth control.
Will Sildenafil be approved for women?
It has been found that more than 50 million women have some type of sexual problem. Studies looking at Sildenafil Citrate in women have theorized that it could enhance genital blood flow and improve arousal. However, studies have found limited effects of Sildenafil for women. Sildenafil based medicine, Lovegra has been found to be effective in women with sexual arousal disorder.
Sildenafil – Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Sildenafil is an oral drug used to treat men with Erectile Dysfunction, or Impotence. It is also used for treating the symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
For most men with ED, Sildenafil is extremely effective. In clinical studies, 75-80% of men using 50mg Sildenafil developed an erection strong enough for successful sexual activity. The lower dose of Sildenafil (25 mg) was effective in approximately 65% of users, while the higher dose (100mg) in 82%.
Usually, Sildenafil Citrate 100 mg dosage is ideal for most men with ED, some of them might need a 25 mg or 50 mg dosage. For instance, elders with underlying medical condition may need Sildenafil Citrate 25 mg.
You can buy Sildenafil online as well as from a local store in 25mg, 50mg, or 100mg doses. It is available in a little blue pill.
Yes, Sildenafil is a prescription drug and one needs to provide a valid prescription if they want to buy Sildenafil pills online.
Yes, provided you only buy Sildenafil online from a registered internet pharmacy. Every online pharmacy must be registered with the drug regulatory body in order to sell medications.
At the time of writing, yes. Sildenafil is a prescription-only treatment in the US, and is not available as an OTC medicine. This is because a physician will need to assess a person’s susceptibility and suitability to the drug prior to the recommendation.
A user usually experiences the effects caused by Sildenafil within 30-60 minutes of taking the dose. It is imperative to remember that sexual stimulation is necessary for Sildenafil to work.
No. You are advised to take Sildenafil pill approximately an hour before commencing sexual activity. The drug may not promote an erection in the absence of sexual stimulation.
When you take a Sildenafil pill, you can usually expect the effects to begin to fade after four to six hours. However, the effect may vary from a person to person. You should not take more than one tablet in a day.
You should not take it more than once in duration of 24 hours. You should only take Sildenafil as needed i.e. when you plan on taking part in sexual activity. It is advised not to take Sildenafil on a daily basis.
No. You should never take more than one Sildenafil pill at a time, of the specific dose you have been prescribed.
Yes, you can take the little blue pill with food, but make sure the food does not contain a great amount of fat or oil. Fatty foods can decrease the effectiveness Sildenafil pills, so avoid such foods.
No. Sildenafil Citrate is a predominantly a male remedy. It is not recommended for use in females. However, scientists are finding out the effects of Sildenafil on female sexual arousal disorder.
Much like any other drug, Sildenafil can cause some users to experience side effects, although not all users will experience them. However, one should seek medical attention if they experience any allergic signs or a prolonged erection (lasting for more than four hours); this condition is called Priapism.
Men who are not diagnosed with Erectile Dysfunction should not use Sildenafil. In fact, it has been found that using Sildenafil without ED can affect the natural ability of getting an erection.
Yes, Sildenafil was originally meant for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). However, during clinical trials, it was found to be effective in restoring erectile function in men.
Sildenafil may interact with some other medicines, especially those that are used in treating cardiac conditions. For instance, nitrates used for chest pain are not compatible with Sildenafil, causes low blood pressure if taken together. Therefore, you should inform your medication history to your physician beforehand.
To be on a safer side, it is always recommended avoiding alcohol when using Sildenafil pills. Alcohol will either suppress the effects of the drug, or cause unpleasant side effects such as dizziness, headaches, etc.
It is highly recommended avoiding a grapefruit juice when using this ED drug. A substance in the grapefruit juice can alter the amount of Sildenafil entering your bloodstream, which can increase the risk of side effects.
Sildenafil overdose can increase the risk of adverse effects. If you suspect an overdose, immediately seek medical attention.
Yes, Generic Viagra contains Sildenafil Citrate, so you buy Generic Viagra online or Sildenafil online, both are same. In fact, Generic Viagra is the most popular names online when it comes to treating ED.
Generic Sildenafil Citrate is actually the name given to the non-branded form of the same drug i.e. Sildenafil. For instance, Generic Viagra, which contains the same functioning drug and works in the same way. As Generic Viagra is non-branded, it is often cheaper, but the appearance may be slightly different.
Some websites claim that there are natural alternatives to Sildenafil pills. However, that is untrue. No herbal Sildenafil exists. In fact, herbal medicines are not clinically tested nor they are FDA approved.
Prices usually vary, but tend to start at roughly $0.60 per pill when purchased in bulk. The cost may also vary depending on the dose and the quantity purchased. For example, some pharmacies may charge you less per tablet when selling larger packs.